This is probably the biggest transition year since dropping your child off at kindergarten, so here are some practical notes…
- Classes start at 7:55am, school opens at 7:25am, breakfast is available in the cafeteria after 7:30. Students are dismissed at 2:40pm and buses leave at 2:47pm. Students may not be in the school after 2:50pm.
- Call the school when your child is going to be late or absent, provide a note when he or she returns to school.
- Lunch is more flexible and provides students more choices on an a la carte menu, which can lead to nutrition concerns and bigger expenses. Lines can be long in the beginning of the year.
- Your child will have a different teacher for each subject and will have to keep track of assignments for each class.
- Parent-teacher conferences are generally by invitation only from the school. Contact the school counselor if you want to meet with your child’s teachers.